turning a day around

to be honest, i started this morning feeling heavy hearted for no specific reason. just one of those days. as i went to my third class of the day all i wanted to do was curl up and sleep away the hours. i almost couldn't make it through the class just because of how difficult it was to focus.
a clouded mind and my slumping shoulders brought me to my next class that surprisingly ended earlier than it normally does- i then looked at my phone to see notifications from friends in town for the week. they seemed so overwhelming and i was tempted to ignore all of them, sit in the library and listen to some somber songs and wallow away in my feelings.
instead, i lead myself to my car. i drove to their house and made an effort to socialize with the people who are always there for me. after that visit, came another and then a phone call with someone else who was then reaching out to me.
i could have sat in that library and let my thoughts get the best of me, but decided to turn the day around by focusing on the people in my life- and not just myself. in the end, today was so emotionally fulfilling. seeing so many friends reminded me of how truly happy we can be.
-
this is just a small reminder that although a day may start off poorly you have control over how you deal with your circumstances and can potentially change the course of the day for the better. but also, that there are people out there who love and care for you- no matter how alone you may feel. sometimes we may even reach out to others but refuse their efforts to show us their appreciation and that can lead to our feelings of loneliness. let others love you and allow yourself to be surrounded by those you cherish, although your time at that particular moment may seem limited to do so.
try your best to challenge the more distressing thoughts by taking action and doing what you know will cheer you up. even if you may feel you don't have the energy for it. find some small way to make the day better, life is worth living.
-
xoxo emily

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back at it??

for this i am grateful