for this i am grateful

sometimes it takes a lot of me to get through the day. today is one of those days.
-
last week was so gratifying. nothing remarkable happened, but i was able to find some peace in pursuing a few goals and reevaluating my educational journey. that meant the world to me, to find a small amount of clarity amongst the countless items on my agenda that need further considerations. i felt a wave of relief from the weight of worry as it began to dwindle from my thoughts, and for this i am grateful.
-
i am a worrier, i believe most of those who are close with me would be able to see this quality of mine. because of this i am almost always overwhelmed with concern about insignificant thoughts in addition to the few other issues i should be focusing on. this troubles me more often than not, but then again i could be dealing with more perplexing circumstances and for this i am grateful.
-
i've been frustrated today and with being frustrated i am even more upset with myself. i feel like since i am so blessed with the wonderful life that i do live i shouldn't have a reason to be bitter. but, i have to acknowledge that i am human and these temperamental emotions just come with living. some days all you can do is your best and i need to keep reminding myself of this. i don't know why i create such an schedule for myself that becomes so impossibly difficult to achieve. i often get upset with myself for not completing everything i had planned on doing, but then come to realize that i just can't do everything and that's okay. i don't need to be perfect in everything, although i may feel this way, and i'm still on a learning curve to overcome the painfully perfect expectations i have of myself. life is so much more than my schoolwork, i can take as long as i need to achieve my educational ambitions. for this i am so grateful.
-
i'm facing a lot of humbling circumstances at the moment that i didn't expect to come across my path, but i'm trying to appreciate the growth that they're putting me through in becoming more patient, understanding and softening my heart. i've had an easier time throughout the majority of my schooling because it's easy for me to become so diligent in a portion of my life that it consumes every aspect of what i do, this has always been school for me. overtime i've had to deal with some mental difficulties that i usually had avoided dealing with through pushing myself to become so perfect in my academic status. but for the past few years they've withheld me from doing so. i'm not longer able to ignore the anxieties that i deal with like i used to. instead i approach them to deal with the problem at hand so i'm able to focus on doing my best. there are some weeks i go without feeling overwhelmed of anxiety, but then comes days like these that become increasingly more difficult by the hour. although this is frustrating and brings me to tears most of the days that i do find myself struggling i couldn't be more thankful for the perspective i've been able to create in these times. a few years ago i would not be able to give myself the time i needed to care for my mental state by putting away some of my work for an hour or so. yes, this can become aggravating to do over and over again, but i've become so much better at recognizing the need to align my priorities instead of push myself through the day, task after task and not consider the health of my mentality.
-
today i had a lot to get done. there's still a significant amount of items i need to complete, but i was able to recognize that i needed some extra downtime than usual, despite the weekend of traveling and fun i already had. i know i will get my work done even if i have to stay up a little later or get up a little earlier than i would like to tomorrow. today i just needed to rest and get my head in the right place and for this i am so grateful to be able to do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back at it??

turning a day around